Laser acupuncture combines state of the art technology with ancient healing methods. Instead of needles, a low-level medical laser is used to stimulate acupuncture points and enhance the body’s natural healing processes, offering a great alternative to traditional acupuncture treatment. This provides an action that is as close as possible to that of a needle, and is more comfortable and absolutely painless.
Low-level lasers are highly effective and have many advantages:
- Reduce inflammation and pain
- Improve blood circulation
- Strengthens immune-system, improving resistance to infection
- Cell regeneration, increased protein and DNA production results in higher cell replication rates
- ATP (adenosine triphosphate) production is increased resulting in more energy
- Faster healing of damaged tissue and reduction in scar tissue
- Increase in collagen synthesis
Laser acupuncture is good for many of the same conditions as traditional acupuncture, and is a great way for children and needle-averse adults to experience its benefits. However, there are situations in which the use of needles is the recommended and preferred method.